Monday, January 01, 2007

Tuff Chix Rock!

One of my resolutions for the new year is to be more adventurous when it comes to home improvement. I have always depended upon my dad, brother or sister or when we could afford it, a professional. I'll probably still hire some things out when our budget allows, but I hate waiting to get things done until I can afford it or until I can persuade my dad or another family member to help me. So, encouraged by my friend Cathy, who I maintain can do anything, I have already managed to accomplish one DIY chore that had been waiting for nearly a year.

For Christmas, Cathy and hubby (my boss) presented me with a new drill and other tools desinged by and for women. Cathy even decked out a tool tote with girly embellishments! Included with my gift was a great book called, "The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement" by Paige Hemmis, carpenter from ABC's Extreme Home Makeover and a copy of "The Little Engine That Could".


Here is the result of my first little chore. A seemingly easy task for some, but quite an accomplishment for me. With this first little victory I'm hoping I can now begin to start checking off lots of things on my home improvement list. I just have to keep telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can!"

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Yeah - I'm so excited! That is so awesome. And what's great is everytime you go to grab a paper towel you will remember that you can do it and you did! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I have always thought that you completely underestimate yourself. Can't wait to see what project you do next. Your towel holder looks so pretty. Is this the beginning of the kitchen re-do I've been hearing about? I love the ideas you have swirling around in that creative head of yours :)And for your comment on my blog, you have been lots of help to me, way more than you think!

Anonymous said...

Just remeber if you can think it & beleive it...it will happen. Don't let it defeat your mind and your body will overcome.