Thursday, January 18, 2007

What Are You Waiting For?


That's what I've been asking myself the last week or two as I tried to set my goal as part of the class I'm taking with Heidi Swapp over at BPS (Big Picture Scrapbooking). And since I can't come up with any reasonable excuses why I should not try to reach the particular goal that's been on my mind, well, I guess I'll get on with it. The photos should be some clue as to what goal I've chosen. And if you're part of my daily life, well, you already know so I'll spare everyone else the details.

Goals are good-trying to reach them even better. But it's not easy, is it? To reach your goals. To stay the course. To keep on keepin' on. To hang. To persevere. But it's the end, the finish line, the results that should be our focus. Eye on the prize, you know? *cue Rocky theme here!

As part of our class we were asked to come up with five reasons for wanting to reach our goal. One of my reasons was to set an example for my kids. So they'd understand that anything worth doing won't be easy, but well worth it! And rewards don't hurt either. Bless his heart, my sweet husband has offered me everything in the world if I'd stay the course and reach my goal. This time it's either a trip to New Zealand to see my best friend from college or a photo shoot for our family with Tara Whitney. Well, like I said, eye on the prize.

In the meantime, what are you waiting for? What would you like to accomplish in the next year? No time like the present they say! Best 'o luck to ya!


BTW, my hubby is responsible for the photos in this layout. I think he did an AWESOME job, don't you?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Totally Awesome! All of it! The layout, the journaling, the photos the goal. Awe-some. Thanks so much for sharing it.