Tuesday, January 01, 2008

All Good Things

As they say, all good things must come to an end. And so we say goodbye to 2007 and welcome 2008. A new beginning, a fresh start. Another year to get it right, to make new memories, to accomplish new goals-or in my case, attempt to reach the ones we didn't quite reach the previous year.

We rang in the new year in typical fashion - we ate take-out and huddled in watching mindless TV and the clock as we struggled to stay up just long enough to wish one another Happy New Year. We spent a little time this morning sharing a couple of our intentions for 2008, but the big attraction today is the Cotton Bowl. Jeff's beloved Fighting Illini are playing today. He's already geared up in his blue and orange and in his recliner! I have the TIVO recording the parade for watching later today. I may take in some shopping or a movie later this afternoon.

Because I fail so miserably with most of my New Year's resolutions, I won't bore you with my entire list. But I do intend to try and learn to knit and to make a quilt this year (with Amy Butler fabrics). Lots of artful endeavors on my list, but some serious ones, too. Hope to get back to reading my Bible on a regular basis and to be more introspective. And I plan to look into the "one little word" philosophy/blog. I'm loving this one lately...

Do you make new year's resolutions? If so, would you share one? If not, share why you choose not to make resolutions. May this year bring you all good things.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I make'em and break'em. But this year they are called "goals" so that maybe I stick with it. One goal is to "not sweat the small stuff"...it's all about perspective, ya know??

Anonymous said...

Well, I have decided I will have at least one massage per month. Not sure how I'm going to pay for that yet..hmmm And I am going to try and minimize the footprint I leave on the enviornment, by being as green as I can.