Friday, August 31, 2007

Farewell Summer


Well, this is it. The official last weekend of Summer. (SIGH) It came and went so quickly this year. No vacation of any kind, no watching Brady run through the sprinkler, no festivals, no bar-b-que (carryout from Longhorn doesn't count!). Oh, well. Going to try to enjoy this last little piece of it. Starting with watching Sweet Home Alabama tonight and putting away my summery decorations. And tomorrow we're heading out for a little get away and some much needed R&R. When we return I'll be ready for Fall, I guess. The cool, crisp weather will definitely be welcome and I'm itching to start making Halloween stuff. So by the time October arrives I'll be ready for the next season.

For now though, farewell to sweet Summer and welcome to her cousin, Indian Summer.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I know it stinks for summer to go so quickly, but fall is wonderful! So much nicer to go to the park, the zoo, stuff like that. Plus, think -- apples, pumpkins, cider, hayrides, jeans and hoodies...the only thing I hate is putting away the flipflops which I won't do until the bitter end.