Friday, July 27, 2007

Treasure and Inspiration GALORE!

Okay, in love, I am blaming my MIL for my shopping madness lately. Starting with another trip to Red Lead today-my third in two weeks! Mind you, I'm usually lucky to get to this store three times in a year. Had to go back for a couple of reasons. The least of which, they extended their paper sale. It's incredible-most pattern paper for 39 cents. And I'm a sucker for paper-it's like fabric to a quilter. So after I filled up on inspiration and did my damage there I got a wild hair to spread my wings a little. I usually don't venture too far, but decided I wanted to get to one other shop in that area and before I stopped there pulled into the Goodwill.

I did awesome! Look at the goodies I got today. I got the child's music box (that was pristine inside-don't ya love that pink?!), the two silver trays (perfect for the stash I'm gathering for Grandma Alice's party) and the hammered silver box all for yep, $4.70. The pink basket I found at a garage sale Tammy and I pulled into last Friday night-got it and the shells and a stray silk lily of the valley bloom for a $1. We got some great stuff at those two little sales we happened to spy, BTW.

Then I did a dangerous thing for me. I headed to this little shop Tammy turned me on to called, The White Rabbit. Their store front window reads: shabby chic, cottage, garden. Right up my alley! I'd only been there once before and was dying to go back. I went on a great day-they had tons more stuff than before and I love their little bargain room. Back there I got this sweet candy box with vintage sewing notions for $5! It'll be so cute sitting out at Easter, don't ya think? And I already have plans for some of those vintage notions. I also picked up another rhinestone brooch for yep, Grandma Alice's party along with this sweet drawer painted a delicious shade of pink. You can see I've already started filling it up with stuff I'm using on my current projects. And then, as I was getting ready to leave I spied this beauty-a silver tray in a great shape and very reasonably priced. Just perfect for shells in the summer and white baby pumpkins in the fall-love it! They have great stuff and very good prices. If you are into shabby chic it's a great find.

So that's how I spent my afternoon-treasure hunting. One of my favorite things! Spurred on lately by the projects I'm working on, but it's SO relaxing, too. Looking forward to a great weekend. Headed to the Zoo tomorrow after Brady's ballgame. It's supposed to be a beautiful day. Whatever you are doing this weekend I hope it finds you relishing every relaxing moment. Enjoy!

EDITED: Another mad shopping trip impromptu this evening to Hobby Lobby & Home Goods with Tammy. I'll have to snap a photo later, but found some AWESOME goodies (one 50% off) for one of my Grandma Alice projects. SO excited-can't wait to start working on it!

No comments: