Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Come On Get Happy!



Okay, I'm showing my age with that title, aren't I? In fact, Tam, you probably won't know where that line comes from will you? That's really depressing. Oh, well. That's what I decided to do today-get happy. We have all just been grumps this summer at our house and I am so worn out from it. You know they say it takes more muscles to frown than to smile! Anyway, have just had enough and decided no matter what happened today I was going to be okay with it and be happy. The Seinfeld, "serenity now" philosophy, you know. TEE HEE HEE!

Anyway, nothing real new happening. Jeff has about three more weeks of being super busy at work and Brady has about 12 more days of summer camp and then a week off before school starts. Then hopefully things will calm down a bit around here. Just hasn't been the free and easy summer I was hoping for. Hoping to make up for it in the fall though.

Tammy and I have a roadtrip we're planning to OKC (Oklahoma City) to visit this FABULOUS store. Really looking forward to it. I also signed up for a class at Red Lead finally-in just two weeks! CanNOT wait for this. I love the gals who run this store-so creative and talented and laid back. Yet they get you super excited about being crafty. Love it! Tammy had a great idea for a t-shirt the other day, "don't be intimidated by my craftiness"! Too funny-we were talking about how alot of the gals who design and teach classes are a little intimidating, but we don't get that from these gals. They are so fun. Already collecting for my project-FUN, FUN, FUN!

Speaking of projects, here's a little something I've been working on. Trying to come up with different ideas for centerpieces that incorporate photos for Grandma Alice's birthday party. This started as a Making Memories photo box. I kind of went over the top as far as the budget, but I had alot of fun with this. Still need to work on the two sides that don't have photos. Next sample will be a 5x7 or 8x10 accordian type piece with photos of her grandkids w/ the theme: our crowning glory - referencing the Bible verse that says, "grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged". Kind of taking inspiration from Becky Novacek on this one-at least w/ the theme. Anywhoo-still having fun coming up with ideas and think I'll end up doing a variety of different projects in the same style. Going to try the party hat thing next.

Are you still with me? I know I'm rambling. Think I'll download David Cassidy from ITunes and try to get a few things done around here before Jeff gets home tonight. He may faint! Jeff-not David Cassidy. :)

Been thinking alot about the little vacation Tammy and I took the kids on to Springfield, IL a couple years ago to visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum. Such a great place to visit and we had such a good time there. Been thinking about one of his famous quotes today,too "most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be". Hmmmm...Abe and David Cassidy were on to something! ;)
Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love the box! Keep that attitude... don't let the stress get to you too much...as my mom always tells me, "This too shall pass."