Thursday, July 05, 2007

Holiday Hangover


What was it I said about it being so great to have a day off in the middle of the week? This morning I was rethinking that. We had such a great time yesterday, but it was SO hard getting up this morning and heading off to work. Good news is that tomorrow's already Friday. Made it a little easier to get moving. Jeff and I kept asking each other, "what day is this?". Too funny.

Here are a few photo highlights of our Fourth of July. Shout out to my brother and his wife, Julie for a great day! They recently moved "to the country" and this was the first family get together at their place since they moved. Even tho' the weather was warm (it's July in Missouri, don't ya know) the lovely breeze blowing all day made it comfortable in the shade. I enjoyed being out of doors just hanging out. My brother had every imaginable outdoor game or activity-you could ride the four wheeler, swing on the tire swing, play ladder golf (which I did!), volleyball, croquet. You name it! We also enjoyed lots of good food including homemade icecream. It just kills Jeff that my family loves to eat outside-all three meals if we have the chance. But even he enjoyed the day just relaxing in the shade. Ah! summertime and the livin' is easy!
Jeff and I even managed to take in the new Die Hard movie-"Live Free or Die Hard". All I can say is WOW! action-packed from beginning to end-literally. Bruce Willis still has it and the Apple guy was really good in it, too. If you haven't seen it you really should-it's the quintessential summer flick.

Well, busy night tonight. Brady has basketball clinic and his first baseball practice overlapping each other. Fortunately, they're both at the Y. Tonight is crazy sock night at basketball. Let's see if we can get Brady to be wild 'n crazy!

No comments: