Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ten and Counting


Tomorrow is mine and Jeff's 10 year wedding anniversary. Thought I would do a little Top Ten List in celebration of our special day. Here are my picks for the past ten years (in no partcular order-that would be too hard!). Would be interesting to know if Jeff would pick these same ones.

1. Family Vacation to Disney last year-our first ever family vacation. I love that a week doesn't go by that Jeff doesn't mention it. Shows you just how important making those memories really is.

2. Birth of our son, Brady-kind of dicey, but my pregnancies and deliveries always are. Loved how Jeff rose to the occassion when I had to have an emergency C-section.

3. The day we found out we were having a boy-I cried because we weren't having a girl. My mom whispered, "it's a boy for Jeff." I couldn't have imagined it any other way now.

4. Our wedding day itself. Although I wanted a big wedding, our small intimate one was just perfect from sharing it with our best friends, Matt (who officiated) and Tammy (who was my maid of honor) to the sweet bed & breakfast where it took place surrounded by our families.

5. Jeff and Cameron's relationship. I could not have asked for someone to love my firstborn with more dedication and compassion.

6. Our trip to Franklin TN and Nashville. One of the few overnight trips together by ourselves since we've been married. It was for Jeff's work (another rarity), but we made the most of it. We still talk about the Jeremy Camp concert we saw at the Ryeman Auditorium. We'd love to live in Franklin someday.

7. Our sons's baptisms. It's important to both me and Jeff that Brady and Cameron have a personal relationship with Jesus. We're thankful they have both initiated what we pray will be lifelong relationships with our Savior.

8. Teaching Sunday School together. One of the best decisions we've ever made as a married couple. We've taught for a year now, can you believe we're still married?!?

9. The day we moved into our first house. I have a picture of the three of us (Jeff, Cameron and me) standing on the porch and we all look so small in front of that big two story colonial. It wasn't the best house for us and we have since moved, but it's where we officially became a family (I was pregnant with Brady when we moved in) and my boys cherish their memories in that house. I don't think either one of them has ever forgiven us for moving from there.

10. The four of us going to see Toy Story 2 on a very rare weekend day Jeff was off from work (due to the weather). The boys were at just the right ages-Brady just big enough to really enjoy the movie and Cam not so old that he couldn't enjoy it. Just remember us all huddled together on a cold winter day having alot of fun.

Like everyone, we've had our ups and downs over the past ten years, but I'm confident that we are more in love today than the day we married. I love to hear Jeff talk about what it will be like when our grandkids come to visit. I'm not in any hurry mind you, but I just like the idea of growing old with him. I truly believe the best is yet to be!

Photo was taken at the dinner following our wedding ceremony. We look younger, thinner and well-rested. What a difference a decade makes!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations you guys!! I really can't believe it has been 10 years. My favorite memory of your wedding was having lunch and driving with you to the B&B,(wasn't it pouring rain??) getting ready upstairs with that sweet fruit tray the lady made for us, how wonderful the flowers smelled. Keep taking care of each other.

gale said...

Congratulations Patti and Jeff! Best wishes for many more happy memories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti..it is late but I am cruising around trying to catch up with everyone in the class...I love this post...Congrats on 10 years...we are working on 17.
Which child is struggling with the sensory stuff?
Can you believe ALL THREE of mine have sensory "stuff"???? all different.
Love the book: The Goodenoughs Get In Sync...check it out on amazon.
Let's catch up soon. Mary
ps. worked on my layout tonight..fun fun fun