Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finders Keepers


Look what my dad brought to me from the lake! Bluebird feathers! Look at that color would ya!?! That blue is electric! Dad had been looking for weeks for just one feather and he told me he found all of these within 50 feet of each other. Kind of don't want to think about that too much. Visions of Sylvester and Tweety Bird come to mind-ewww. Anyway, they are my treasures. Thanks, Dad!


In other Blue Bird Art news, I hope to add a couple more items to my etsy shop over the next several days. Thanks to all of you who have been checking it out. I sold my first item on opening weekend. I may not sell another thing, but it was a thrill to make that first sale. I had so much fun purchasing tissue and making my own tags to seal the package.
Here's the hand-doodled logo I came up with. I'd been drawing this for awhile now since seeing some of Pam Garrison's doodling in, you guessed it-Postmark LA. Still loving that book! I hear the Bellas are coming out with another and I can't wait!


Anyway, I love the idea of the bird in the cage and thinking about it flying free. If you're old enough to remember Mork and Mindy, you might recall Robin Williams as Mork yelling out, "Fly! Be Free!". Okay, that's not exactly where I was going with this, but I like the idea of "let yourself fly". That's another blog post all by itself.


Have a good rest of the week and keep your eyes peeled for the ever-illusive blue bird!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Awwwwww...I love it all...the doodle, the thought behinds and especially, "let yourself fly"...GREAT tag line! And I know your packaging will be kickin! Mine sure was! Love all that you are doing.

c