Sunday, September 28, 2008

Disney Adventures, Part I - Hurry Up and Wait

WOW! Our trip is starting to catch up with me. I literally crashed yesterday staying in my pj's all day. Today I did manage to get to church and teach Sunday School, but was more tired today than yesterday. Took a loooong nap this afternoon to try and catch up. Not sure if I'm ready for the week to begin, but ready or not. Right?

We had another wonderful trip to Disney World. So grateful that we could make this trip again knowing it could be the last trip like that for awhile. We felt guilty at times with all that was going on economically during the week. Trust me, we're on lockdown over here. Those of you aware of Jeff's winter mode know what I mean. Well, you can triple or quadruple that now. :)

It was a good trip, but it did have it's share of hiccups at the beginning. Starting with Jeff and me being out of it at check-in and realizing on the resort shuttle that we had forgotten to get our keys (to the kingdom) at the front desk which was now almost two miles away. Fortunately, you can just keep going round the circuit 'til you get to where you want to go. In the meantime, the very diligent Albert from Honduras who had waited on us at the front desk sent a runner to meet us at our room with our keys! No worries. They just cancelled and reloaded our keys. Okay, back on the shuttle.

We made it to Hollywood Studios just in time for the skies to open up and start raining. It rained pretty much all afternoon. Guess where the umbrella and ponchos were? Yep, at the resort. We'd been in such a hurry to get to the park to start riding the Rockin' Rollercoaster that there'd been no time to grab such necessities. Managed to find cover in and out of venues, but by the time we made it to Epcot I finally just gave in and put on Jeff's ball cap and carried on.

Evening of our first day found us at Jeff's favorite restaurant, Le Cellier in Canada at World Showcase in Epcot. We made all of our dinner reservations 6-8 months prior, but found that on one of the busiest nights of the year they had our reservation scheduled for the night prior. We gently explained it was clearly a mistake because last night we ate Hamburger Helper and were packing. In true Disney fashion, they managed to get us in and Jeff enjoyed not one, but two filets! Yes, Brady now eats from the adult menu at Disney and was not hungry, but overly tired and well, Jeff just couldn't see that steak go to waste! And believe it or not, afterwards Jeff and Brady managed to ride on Soarin' before going back to the resort. Quite a full first day!

More to come of our Disney adventures which I'm happy to report only had one more hiccup the entire trip! It's good to be home, but we're experiencing post-vacation blues and we have lots to catch up on around here. I was hoping the fairy godmothers would have cleaned this place up a bit while I was gone! Anyway, might be a day or so before I post again, but please check back. I was particularly touched this year by Walt Disney's life story and want to share some interesting things I learned about him.

Remember, dreams do come true!


Marisa said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip... Welcome Home.

cindy said...

I looks amazing! I'm so glad you had a good time, but I know that it is also good to be home. Can't wait to hear more.


Mom said...

Welcome home weary travelers. Sounds like you all had a good vacation at Disney. Funny you were looking for those fairy godmothers to clean - I look for them too - every day. I think they only exist on TV commercials and go by the name of Merry Maids!