Friday, September 19, 2008

Creative Therapy

I have been reading about a blog for awhile called Creative Therapy. Finally decided to check it out and found their catalysts to be intriguing. I found one of the most recent particularly intriguing: "What talent/ability do you wish you had?". The idea behind the Creative Therapy blog is to use each catalyst for a little art therapy. The site has a team of contributors who then invite readers to participate in the catalyst. Although I did not post mine, here is my therapy session in art. I was inspired by several collage artists-Pam Garrison, Anahata, Corey Moortgat and Lisa Kaus. Mostly, Pam Garrison though.


I went a little off the beaten path as far as the catalyst was concerned. I've been missing this part of me that was such a huge part of my life for so long. It was who I was. What I was known for. My identity. When I gave it up I lost a part of myself. That's a big reason I've been on this creative journey. I needed a way to express myself and to be able to identify with myself again. My music brought me great joy for many years and I cherish so many wonderful memories of sharing it with others.


I often wonder if I would still be able to sing and perform like before or if I am even capable of putting myself out there and opening myself up in this way again. Not sure how I did it all those years before. But sometimes I think about it and remember what it was like when I would SING.


Check out Creative Therapy and plan a session of your own. It's good for the soul!








1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love this piece! You did an awesome job! And very interesting site, I hope to be able to go back and participate in it.

c