Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nothin' But Blue Skies



Yep, nothin' but blue skies and cornfields for miles as we drove home today. The slower pace was so nice for a few days. You could sense it speeding up the closer we got to home as the cars flew by me at breakneck speed crossing the river into St Louis. We made it home safe and sound from our mini vacation and had a wonderful time.


I'll share more about our trip later, but wanted to show you who came home with me. Isn't he a doll?!? Found him in a local shop and Mee-Moo snatched him up for me. Puts me in the mood for Christmas what with all the crafty holiday stuff I've been working on. Maybe he'll be my muse!?!


First things first. We have one more day of summer vacation left to savor. The weather here has been SO beautiful so you just don't want to see these long, lazy days end. I'm off to watch a movie or the Olympics with my sweetie and then sewing with Mom tomorrow and getting sweet boy ready for the first day of school. I can hardly believe he's going to be a 5th grader-eek!


Back again soon. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey glad you had a nice mini vacation. Where did the summer go? Have a great rest of the weekend. Sounds like Monday will be a big day for Brady. Tell him Auntie Missy said to have a great
1st day.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time. Hope you post more pics of your fun in Illinois.