Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

One more of the CasaBella houses. Hoping my aunt enjoys it as much as I enjoyed creating it for her.


Got a little more brave with the beeswax and did some reheating on the house itself and kind of shrinking it away from the papers. Love how it seemed to darken and further age the areas I heated up. Interesting to just play around with it. Working on the canvas was a little more challenging than using the wood base, but I was happy to find the size and shape I'd been wanting to use for this project. This one is a little more like the inspiration piece, but proud to say that adding the quote was my idea. And I love this one by Laura Ingalls Wilder. And the emellishment on the door-mwah! had a hard time parting with that beautiful button. Another from the stash I scored several weeks ago. And the frill-well, from my pantry. Yep! a cupcake liner. It works when you don't have just the right shade of crepe paper.



While I was working on this piece I thought about the copy of Little Women that my aunt gave to me when I was a little girl. I must have read that a hundred times-and still have it. I remember watching American Bandstand with her on Saturday mornings when I was at my grandma's and she still lived at home. She always reminded me of Marlo Thomas-I think it was here hair then. Classic 60's and 70's hair-shoulder length with bangs and of course, the flip. She has it long again after many years of a pixie cut-so, so cute on her. She has the greatest laugh and smile, too. So happy for her to have this new home of her very own. A sweet nest for two!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your project turned out great, and I think Aunt Wanda will really like it.
M

Paula Clare said...

Hi Patti,
Holy cow! You made ANOTHER one? FOR a gift? What a wonderful niece you are!
She will LOVE it!

I think this project would be an amazing wedding/housewarming gift...in fact, I have a son getting married in November. By then I might be able to have another made!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful gift. I'm sure she'll love it! When do find the time to do these projects??? Holy Cow!