Sunday, October 08, 2006

I Love A Good Challenge!


In the contemporary scrapbook world everyone is into Challenges or Dares. There are entire websites dedicated to them! Friends "dare" each other, designers challenge their fans and scrapbookers challenge one another. I've only participated in a couple thus far, but they really get you excited about scrapbooking and being creative. For me, a self-declared scraplifter, it helps me to think for myself and trust my own creative instincts. Although I have to say, it's baby steps for me.

The photo on this entry is one of the challenges in which I recently participated. From Ali Edward's AEzine weekly newsletter, the challenge was to create a summary type of layout for the month for your family. (A really cool concept for an entire year in review album). I didn't stray too far from the original, but due to the size of my collage print I did have "make it work" as Tim Gunn of Project Runway says.

So if you're a scrapbooker, I double dog dare you to try a challenge. Here's a link to one of my favorite dare websites: http://fortheloveofeffers.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT LO!