Monday, July 14, 2008

Mickey Mouse Boot Camp

Can you believe how quickly time passes? I sure cannot! This summer has been a whirlwind and before we know it will be back to school time. I had a bit of a panic attack yesterday when Jeff proclaimed, "Ten weeks from tomorrow we'll be headed for Disney!" WOW! and I had not done a thing to start preparing. Not one thing. Nothing. Nada. And worst of all, it occured to me that I might want to get in a little better shape before we go. Two years ago when we went I had been walking on a regular basis and have since totally slacked off. Since we walk non-stop 10-12 hours/day for five days, I think I'd better start walking. In fact, on one of the Disney message boards, someone reported they were curious just how far they walk at the parks so they strapped on a pedometer. They clocked an average of 8 miles/day. For their five day trip they walked more than 40 miles. YIKES! Mickey Mouse Boot Camp has begun! I'm back to walking a mile every morning and hope to increase that over the next several weeks.



Brady really gets into counting down so this is our countdown to Disney chart inspired by Heidi Swapp. And the list making has begun, too--stuff we missed last time, stuff we want to do again, stuff to pack, stuff to research, stuff to buy. Managed to already cross some items off already, too though. YAY, me!


Got a little bit of shopping in yesterday and picked up these. They screamed Disney as I walked by them at Target. And they were on clearance! One of the other projects we're going to do to build Brady's excitement about the trip is to put Disney trivia questions in his lunchbox the month before we leave. He'll be back in school then so it should be alot of fun.


Well, first things first. I'm off to bake a cake. Somebody at our house has a birthday tomorrow!














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow only 10 weeks. Time does fly! Glad to see your walking, the shoes not so much LOL! Have a great week!
M

Anonymous said...

How exciting to be looking forward to a September vacation. I wish you luck on getting everything ready on time. I know the time is flying by. I can't believe 2008 is half over already!

Tammy said...

happy bday, Jeff
from the Captain, Tam and the kids

Cindy said...

How fun! We've been thinking about going and yikes! did not even think about all that walking. And CUTE shows and yes they do scream Disney! LOL.

c