Monday, March 24, 2008

Tea for ONE


Rounding out my extended holiday weekend with a lovely cup of tea this afternoon complements of my swap partner, Cindy from YappingCatStudio.typepad.com. As part of the Bellatoria eZine, I participated in the Queen's Tea Swap and was delighted to receive my package from Cindy today. Inspired by the tea and traditional biscuits she sent, I pulled out a pretty cup and saucer and prepared a little afternoon tea fit for a Queen-a lemon bar, fresh strawberries and cream and of course, biscuits. YUM! Why don't I do this more often-what a treat! Here's a peek at a couple of favorites included in the package I received.



Her handwriting is tres magnifique! love the HRH, especially. Look at all the detail she added to the harlequin pattern and the queen herself. This is the cover of a journal. It IS good to be the Queen!





And this is a darling keyring I've already added to my keys. Thanks, Cindy. She even addressed the package to Queen Patti-yeah, Brady got a big kick out of that. Jeff just rolled his eyes and said, "she got that right"!


Earlier today, we met Jeff's folks for an early lunch in celebration of Linda's birthday. I was so excited, but nervous for her to open her gift. Enjoy wrapping gifts for her-she enjoys it so and I love that! Here's a peek...








Loving these butterflies that come with the Shabby Chic gift wrap set at Target-the paper is really nice quality, too.






The birthday girl with her gift-made with love.



To my delight, I think she really liked the journal I assembled for her to use as either a prayer or travel journal for her speaking engagements. This was modeled after the one I purchased from Rebecca Sower's etsy shop. I wanted Linda's to have a bit more detail and in her colors though so I made one myself using Rebecca's as inspiration. Love the idea of the cabinet card for the cover and kept it simple for this one, but Rebecca embellishes the photos with wings or crowns which is very cool. Used some of the ideas I picked up from the Red Lead girls, too-pockets, tabs and using the Lumiere paint on top of acrylic paint (on corrugated cardboard)-one of my favorite things. All in all, I think it went over well.




Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. We had a very quiet one with lots of time to reflect on the true meaning of this special day. A little different as it was just the three of us and we woke up to snow which continued off and on throughout the day, but good nonetheless. Old man winter just doesn't seem to want to let go! Got some things marked off my to do list and Brady and I even managed to get to the movies. A little R&R is good. Here are a couple other photos from today for the grandma's and the aunties who frequent my blog.





The boy loves his Mee-Moo! (And Grandma Swan, too!)



I'm off to work on the Sandra Evertson project from Bellatoria-it's SO very Sandra-love it!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Patti, I'm so glad you liked it. And you are a Queen! : ) As am I! LOL.

hugs,
c

Tammy said...

I love the family picture!
The swap sounded like a fun thing to try... cool queen journal, too:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a good relationship with your mother-in-law. Mine was like a second mother to me. I learned how to cook really good tasting food. They are older than us and have so much to teach.