Wednesday, October 22, 2008

wannabe

I've been thinking alot lately about what I want to be when I grow up. LOL! I know, kinda late to be thinking about that. Or is it? What's that quote?
"It's never too late to be who you might have been" --George Eliot

I spent most of my childhood playing school. I fought becoming a teacher in college thinking instead I was going to be a famous singer. And then the first job I landed after graduating from college was-yep, teaching. Then life happened and I got married, had a baby and tried to stay home, but more life happened and I fell into other jobs that utilized other skills and went on with life.

Over the last several years we've had a few challenges with our youngest son and it's become more and more evident I needed to be at home when I could with him. After moving from a full time to a part time job for several years, I recently made the choice to take advantage of a position with the local school district in order to be home for my son when he is out of school and to eventually get back to where I started-teaching. Thus the thinking about what I want to be when I grow up. I'm glad it's never too late to be what you want to be-personally and professionally.

There are so many things I want to be...
an artist
a teacher
in the know
a Bella
relaxed
energeticItalic
skinny
accepted
loved and loving
inspired

ME!

Hmmm.....I feel another creative therapy session coming on. :)

Maria Shriver has a great little book I have on my reading list called, "Just Who Will You Be?". Written during a time of transition in her own life, I'm looking forward to being inspired by this successful woman and how she answered this question for herself. Check it out HERE.

So, who do you want to be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how life works out.

Anonymous said...

Hello sister Patti,
I love reading you blog... I always feel so inspired.

Cindy said...

I think that is part of the fun, always changing, always growing, no matter what age.

: D

c