Friday, September 21, 2007

The Factory is OPEN!




Yes, it's true. I've finally reopened the factory. So far, I've completed two hats. The one shown on the shelf was the prototype I made w/ my collage experiment. After adhering it to the hat form I wished I hadn't. But I hope to top it off w/ some collaged and glass glittered leaves around the bottom trim. Not sure if it will be used as part of the centerpieces or not. We'll see.
<------This new hat is covered w/ paper from the Dollar Spot at Target (sshhh...don't tell)! And the beautiful mother of pearl buttons? Well, they came from the jar of buttons my MIL gave me not long ago. Aren't they pretty? My goal is to have 5 new ones completed by tomorrow morning. So, 2 down, 5 to go. Okay, 1 nearly done (needs ribbon ties) and a second one too (not quite ready for it's closeup-LOL) and 3 more to go!


Feeling much better today. FINALLY, got my hair done. That makes a world of difference all by itself. We love our gal Rachel who does our hair-she's a gem! She always makes me feel like a million bucks.


Okay, back to work. I snuck in a movie this afternoon-The Painted Veil. Very pretty movie, but very sad. Think I'll put on something a little more upbeat while I work tonight. Any suggestions-music? movie? Maybe a little ABBA. ;)

No comments: